If you haven’t tried this couscous dish before, you are in for a real treat. It’s vibrant colour, flavours and textures are like a virtual party In your mouth. Easy to prepare, really fresh tasting and a delicious healthy accompaniment to chicken, grilled prawns and steak. A firm favourite with my family.
Portions: 4-6, as accompaniment | Cooking Time: 20 mins Course: Side Dish, Snack | Cuisine: Mediterranean
150 g couscous
160 ml boiling water or vegetable stock
1 onion thinly sliced
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground cumin
50 g pistachios, shelled & toasted
3 spring onion finely sliced
1 fresh green chilli thinly sliced
30 g rocket
20 g flat-leaf parsley
20 g coriander
2 tbsp tarragon
2 tbsp dill
2 tbsp mint
90 ml good olive oil
1. Place the couscous in a large bowl and add boiling water or stock. Cover the bowl with cling film or a clean tea towel and let it stand for 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil over a medium heat and add the thinly sliced onion. Cook on a low to medium heat, stirring often until the onion is golden and soft. Add the salt and cumin to the onions and mix together. Cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove the onions from the pan and set aside to cool.
3. Toast the pistachios in a small pan taking care not to let them burn.
1. Put all of the ingredients into a food processor and blitz together to form a paste.
2. Add a little more olive oil if necessary.
Uncover the couscous and fluff up with a fork. Stir in your herb paste, Add your onions, pistachios, spring onion, chilli and rocket, then gently mix to combine. Best served at room temperature but still delicious if served cold.
An upsurge of food intolerances in recent years and the explosion of gluten and dairy free prod...
Thrive Health Solutions is County Down’s first BioKinesiology Health clinic. BioKinesiology is a specialised area and has a unique approach to health. Working with your body’s biochemistry, we test to find the underlying cause of your health issues in order to treat and eradicate the problem
SIGN UP TO THE THRIVE NEWSLETTER
We wont pester you, and you can unsubscribe at any time.